Dryer Vent Cleaning
The National Fire Protection Association recommends thoroughly clean dryer vents regularly. Vents get obstructed because lint traps don’t catch all the lint and combustible materials, and vents (especially those with many bends) can also get blocked by debris such as animal nesting.
Cleaning dryer vents regularly has 3 big benefits:
- Maintenance – Clean vents result in dryers with longer lifespan.
- Efficiency – Cleaning vents increases dryer efficiency, speeding up drying time and saving energy
- Safety – In the U.S., thousands of fires are caused by dirty dryer vents every year. In addition, gas dryers may be at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning if there is vent blockage.
Its recommend to thoroughly clean your dryer every 1 to 3 years, depending on usage and other factors. A good sign your dryer vents need cleaned is if clothes take noticeably longer to dry.
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Process
- We begin by unhooking your dryer and cleaning the duct thoroughly from both the dryer hook up point, and from the exit point, assuming both points are accessible.
- Next we proceed with a deep cleaning inside the length of the duct itself, using a variety of tools to scrub out the lint buildup that may be hiding inside the exhaust pipe.
- Our goal is to eliminate any flammable particles preventing proper ventilation, and to help provide a clear air flow once again. Our technician utilizes a specialized air meter to measure the volume of airflow before and after the cleaning, to verify the success of cleaning and ensure that we continue to provide the best dryer duct cleaning.